From the diversity of thoughts, ideas, experiences, and knowledge, to the diversity of groups and voices represented, the workforce and the manner in which we work are rapidly changing. Organizations are struggling to create environments where employee discussions and problem-solving are more diverse, inclusive, collaborative, genuinely curious, and successful in landing solutions that work.
Café Conversations create an opportunity to dive deeper into topics that may be considered taboo or hard to talk about. Through the power of curiosity and inquiry, organizational leaders have an opportunity to facilitate conversations that build upon and navigate discussions to a place of discovery.
Café Conversations are interactive dialogue sessions that leverage the power of inquiry to uncover the wisdom of larger, diverse communities on meaningful topics. These engagement sessions are an adaptation of the classic and tested world café model.
Café Conversations demonstrate the value of creating safe, brave forums where people can build relationships, share ideas, solve organizational challenges, act on opportunities, and work together to establish a community of trust.
- Explore and answer complicated organizational questions in a collaborative environment.
- Empower a culture of ‘listening to understand’ in an effort to connect ideas, and shine light on patterns, insights, deeper meanings, and actions.
- Increase individual comfort level in advancing diversity and inclusion goals within the workplace.
- Establish a living network of collaborative dialogue and problem-solving on topics of diversity and inclusion.
- Contribute to and capture diverse thinking, experiences, and expectations for future exploration and strategic planning.
Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness
Recognizing emotions, emotional flags, and emotional triggers.
Monitoring thoughts to determine unconscious biases and challenge stereotypes.
Learning techniques to focus on the present moment and promote awareness of thoughts.
Understanding the need for vulnerability and removing personal barriers.
Use of DICE breakers to quickly eliminate barriers and create rapport.
Mastering the use of storytelling to promote relationship building.
Understand the benefits of convening diverse groups to improve engagement and collaboration.
Examining the power of open-ended questions to explore deep-seated viewpoints and ideals.
Exploration of Sensitive Topics Within The Workplace
Organizational Diversity and Inclusion
Empowering Employees to Empower Themselves or
A topic selected by your organization based on its challenges and opportunities.
Building Personal Buy-In and Accountability
Identify the real and shared needs to establish a shared understanding or purpose. Why are we talking about this here? Why now?
Overview of Power Plays and the benefit of continuous action in reaching organizational goals.
Commitment for positive organizational change and personal action planning.
Plan Your DICE Café:
To ensure that your Café Conversation is successful, we provide:
- A pre-session consultation to discuss goals and outline expectations;
- Two highly-trained and experienced facilitators to moderate and guide the conversation;
- Customized program materials for further learning and sharing;
- A detailed summary and analysis to direct workforce strategic planning; and
- A post-session consultation to review session results, offer feedback, and determine next steps.
To attain an optimal level of engagement, our sessions require a 15-person minimum and 30-person maximum attendance level.
Choose your conversation topic. We'll do the rest. Contact us: email@example.com