DICE IDEA LABS
Questions resonate with people and have the power to shift perspectives and engage more minds. Inquiry sparks insights, discoveries, breakthroughs and paths forward on any problem, project, or idea.
Asking questions demonstrates a genuine interest in understanding a different viewpoint and helps build connections between people with differences. By showcasing the strength in diversity of our thought, experiences, and knowledge, we succeed in breaking down silos, spurring innovation, optimizing next steps, and empowering the collective voice.
DICE Idea Labs provide a cool and innovative forum for people to bring forth and present ideas, problems, or projects to a diverse group of participants for immediate feedback and insight on paths forward. This fun engagement for creative collaboration leads to more effective solutions, and opportunities to tackle cross-cutting, complex, wicked problems inside the organization.
The goal of an Idea Lab is to spark creativity and innovation by establishing a focused space for it to happen. We must leverage all perspectives and build collaborative communities to address problems and accomplish goals.
"It was really beneficial to have so many different minds thinking about our problem and approaching it from different perspectives. It makes you realize how narrow your own view of the situation can be." - Idea Lab Host, Michigan
- Showcase the strength in diversity of thought, ideas, experiences, and knowledge.
- Break down silos and promoting information sharing between program areas and business units.
- Result in diverse ideas and solutions among individuals who would not normally engage on the issue.
- Demonstrate the benefit of having so many different minds thinking about one problem and approaching it from different perspectives.
- Give participants a voice on projects they are interested in, but not responsible for, a voice that promotes creative problem-solving and shared decision-making.
Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness
Recognizing emotions, emotional flags, and emotional triggers.
Monitoring thoughts to determine unconscious biases and challenge stereotypes.
Learning techniques to focus on the present moment and promote awareness of thoughts.
Critical and Creative Thinking
Examining the power of open-ended and close-ended questions to expose blind-spots.
Explore issues through the eyes of other participants to explore new ways of seeing the problem.
Showcase the strength in diversity of thought, ideas, experiences, and knowledge.
Breakdown silos and promote information sharing between program areas and business units, especially among individuals who would not normally engage on the issue.
Understanding the need for vulnerability and how to remove personal barriers.
Use of DICE breakers to quickly eliminate barriers and create rapport.
Mastering the use of storytelling to promote relationship building.
Understand the benefits of convening diverse groups to improve engagement and collaboration.
Building Personal Buy-In and Accountability
Identify the real and shared needs to establish a shared understand or purpose. Why are we talking about this here? Why now?
Overview of Power Plays and the benefit of continuous action in reaching organizational goals.
Commitment for positive organizational change and personal action planning.
Plan Your Idea Lab:
To ensure that your Idea Lab is successful, we provide:
- A pre-session consultation to discuss goals and outline expectations;
- Two highly-trained and experienced facilitators to moderate and guide the idea-generation experience;
- Customized program materials for further learning and sharing;
- A detailed summary and analysis to direct workforce strategic planning; and
- A post-session consultation to review session results, offer feedback, and determine next steps.
To attain an optimal level of engagement, our sessions require a 15-person minimum and 30-person maximum attendance level.
Let's design an Idea Lab that tackles your workforce challenges. Contact us: email@example.com